See our firm profile in French/ Japanese/ Korean
D&N International (initially named as D&N Intellectual Property Bureau, a subsidiary of a corporation established under Vietnam Union of Science and Technology) was established in 1992, right after the Vietnamese Government had applied a new “open door” policy and started to transit from a centre-controlled economic platform into a market one.
Beginning with only two IP lawyers, our firm has developed into a boutique private law firm of 25 members providing one-stop-shop IP services to satisfy all clients’ needs, including searching, filing and prosecution of intellectual property rights including patents, industrial designs, trademarks, copyrights, domain names, geographical indications, plant varieties; opposition and appeals, provision of expert opinions, dispute resolution, due diligence analyses, licensing/assignment and other IP-related matters. Representing numerous clients with internationally recognized brand names, the firm has special expertise in anti-counterfeiting and enforcement works. Our IP practice covers Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and other ASEAN countries.
Given more than 80% of our clients are foreign-based corporations, in 2005 we launched our liaison office in France facilitating our international clients on their businesses in Vietnam and the meantime, our firm’s name changed to D&N International.
The simple organizational structure of our firm facilitates direct communications, a fast and effectiveness of decision-making process.
Logo and slogan
The insight story of our logo is inspired by the Buddha’s profound teachings that are the fundamentals of our firm’s operation and development. The logo embodies an image of the Dharma Wheel and is stylized in a circular motion layout with the meaning of our firm’s non-stop movement towards transparency and happiness.
The five symbolic petals of a Lotus flower incorporated in our logo is designed to represent our five main development forces which are Faith, Energy, Mindfulness, Concentration and Wisdom.
The yellow central symbol is designed according to the motion of the circle and expresses our continuous client-oriented view with a willingness of remaining Client’s confidence through clear and transparent ways of working behaviors and code of healthy conducts that have been endlessly born in minds and consciousness of the Board of Directors and every individual staff of D&N International.
To generalize, our logo and slogan express our standing vision for the firm’s development that is, continuously moving towards the well-being of our Clients and our People and in harmony with all beings on the planet.
Philosophy of Development
According to Buddha’s profound teachings, we are at D&N International managing and operating based on five major strengths, namely Faith, Energy, Mindfulness, Concentration and Wisdom.
The five strengths work in sequence: Faith creates energy, which in turn makes it possible to be mindful. Mindfulness leads to deep concentration, which finally gives rise to wisdom.
1. Faith/Conviction – controls doubt: is the solid belief in values of goodness, causality, straightforwardness and fairness which have functions to destroy wrong views.
2. Energy/Effort/Persistence – controls laziness: is the energy, effort, persistence in variety of all aspects aiming at making endless attempts to constantly develop core values of every individual as well as entire community.
3. Mindfulness – controls heedlessness: is the mindfulness or utmost attention in deeds at present time without vague thoughts.
4. Concentration- controls distraction: is the concentration so as to cease a distraction.
5. Wisdom/Discernment – controls ignorance: is an insight understanding of reality of nature for the purpose of breaking ignorance and enabling discernment exposure.
Motto of Operation
- Optimizing customers’ benefit, considering customers as a focal point so as to gain their trust and confidence through our competence, professional expertise as well as transparent behaviors towards customers’ benefit;
- Operating for happiness of entire customers and a contingent of staffs and in harmony with all beings on the planet.
Built upon the Buddha’s Six Harmonious Principles which stemmed from handling relationships and communal living with skill, effort and a spirit of cooperation, D&N International’s culture accords with the smooth, pleasant and non-contentious functioning together towards the desirability of harmony within and between groups of people. The harmony, or unity, sets the foundations for love, forgiveness, respect, sympathy, helpfulness, generosity, having common values, appreciation of others, being sensitive to their needs and not always demanding one’s own way. Those also have powers to amicably handle all discords and disharmony within and between individuals and groups of people in communal living in regards to mental and physical sharing. Six principles of harmony include:
1. Harmony in outlook – living and practicing together harmoniously: In our organization, when we have concern for others’ well-being, we accept others and are not envious of others’ success or critical of others’ shortcomings. We seek to uplift our fellow colleagues, instead of oppressing them.
2. Harmony in speech – not quarrelling: We all practice loving speech, and refrain from criticisms and discord. This practice fosters harmony in our community. In an organization, misunderstandings and animosity often arise from unskillful or harsh words. Therefore, being sincere and thoughtful in our speech can often lead to harmonious human relationships.
3. Harmony in views – sharing the same viewpoints or goals: This means mutual understanding or agreement. An individual pays respect and reverence to others. A group needs to share the same viewpoints of the principles and methods for study and practice. Otherwise, disagreed ideas shall be amicably and fully discussed. This is the basis for our harmonious group cultivation.
4. Harmony in morality – abiding by the same precepts: When we live and practice together, we need to have rules and regulations for without them there will be disorder. When the rules and regulations are equally and justly applied to all, people will respect and be more inclined to abide by it.
5. Harmony in deeds – experiencing the inner peace and happiness from practicing together harmoniously: In our organization, our actions can be used to help each other and foster respect in the community. In this way, we can peacefully coexist altogether.
6. Harmony in economics – Sharing benefits harmoniously: All accumulated wealth and prosperity are shared equally and justly in accordance with their respective contributions.
How we are recognized
With its dedicated top quality services over the past three decades, D&N International has been trusted by thousands of clients, either high profile and leading global brands, small and medium-sized enterprises or individual entrepreneurs, in the establishment and protection of their IP rights.
D&N International is regularly ranked among the leading IP firms in Vietnam. Similarly, the firm’s partners are consistently recognized by reputable publishers, researchers and magazines as leading individuals in the IP field. Of note, we are very proud to maintain our top tier ranking for Intellectual Property (local firms) for 10 consecutive years since 2009 by The Asia Pacific Legal 500.
The Legal 500
Asialaw 2021, 2022
Global Law Experts 2022, 2023: Trademark Law Firm of the Year in Vietnam
Corporate INTL 2022: Trademark Law Firm of the Year in Vietnam
Trademark Lawyer Magazine 2023: Award Winning Law Firm 2023
From our clients